Tuesday 28 May 2013

Nora Iuga brooch - piece from collection "Imperfect perfection"








 “You write as long as you stay young. You stay young as long as you still have the ability to feel the vibration of love. Being inspired is like being in love.”

    Starting from the end towards the beginning, I live having the sun as my brain and my body as a part of the universe. I love trees, nature having its shelter inside me. I worship mountains because I feel and I know that they are, actually, the sacred places of our world… was saying, in other words, Nora - the feminine version of “nor”, which means cloud.
    It seems that Nora Iuga owns the keys that open the little doors of almost every word. She can enter their world anytime she wants, borrowing energy from each of them and using it to shape the abstract, sometimes absurd meaning, which has the tender feel of a thick mist about it, in which every drop is a carefully set metaphor in her writings. Drinking from the fountain of her creativity, I felt as each molecule, part of this fluid, is joining the already existing molecules in my body, and they start coexisting, offering me a part of their creative energy.
     I am quoting myself when saying: “A tree is incredibly beautiful, throughout all its existence, from the form of a seed until the final stage of his development. It is beautiful viewed from every angle, inside and out, from left to right, from the last twig of any of his branches, from its roots to the sky-reaching ends of its trunk, beautiful up to its micro-details. How benefic it is to all the other creatures on Earth every composing molecule of this complex natural structure and, hey, nothing harmful, nothing negative in what is a tree, the number one celebrity on planet Earth!”
      She loves trees. I’m quoting her: “… one day, while I was walking with a white Russian guy through this forest, I got very sick. We’ve marched 10-15 km that day and I got kind of dizzy. I didn’t dare back myself on that man and told him: “I feel sick. I think I’m going to faint.” He told me: “Here’s a beautiful and strong tree, go hug him and ask him to help you feel better.” I followed him like I was in a trance. I hugged the tree; I stuck my face on it and whispered to him to give me some of his strength so I can come to my senses. I swear, it didn’t take more than one minute and I entered an indescribable frenzy. I don’t know if the one to blame was the Russian guy, who blindly believed in his theory, or the whole happening but, since then, every time I get sick and I happen to have a tree near me, I repeat this therapy and it always works.”
      I’m quoting her again: “When spring comes it’s like madness. There is no age, no time, no weight to carry, no tiredness, no nothing! Every year, at the end of March and the beginning of April, when trees start to bloom, a bow snaps inside of me. I feel exactly like a bud which cracks. You want to get out of your skin, there’s too much you have gathered throughout winter. It’s incredible that even when you’re 81, you feel the same. You are waiting for the sun and for life to come, as you were once waiting for a man. All of these are connected in a mysterious way. This nature, the need to exchange what is too much inside us with what is too much outside, is confusing and irresistible at the same time.”
      Thinking of what symbol could best represent the writer Nora Iuga, I reached to the conclusion that a leaf, which by its very nature represents life itself, is the perfect choice. Starting with the stage of sap, until the decomposing of each particle which will next take part in a biodiversity circuit, a leaf, through the complex functionality of its structure, contributes to the fluidity of the terrestrial harmony. The same as Nora Iuga’s writings touch the soul of the ones that have the honor of reading her, a brooch with the shape of a leaf, made of many rare wood essences, will lay in the place where someone’s soul has its nest. It is as if a bird were to build a nest in the tree of Nora Iuga’s creativity, and the tree, as a sign of greeting and appreciation, would take off one of its leaves and gently lay it on his nest. 
Written by Aurora Dan


No comments: